Friday, December 5, 2008

Busy with a Purpose

Paste of an e-converstion today that shows the number of interesting things going on:

"I will join you all for breakfast with BA Tuesday AM.

I then have a 10:00AM unusual meeting that I initiated with a group that invests in infrastructure - they structure investment products. I met CC, VP operations, BI, (she's a speaker at this PPP event) at a Queen's event where David Dodge (new chancellor) was speaking. Long story, but when I said, "cyberinfrastructure", she said, "I really want to know what that is". So, we're meeting. I want to explain about data centres and communications networks as next-generation, new-economy, investable infrastructure.

There is so much going on, that maybe we should meet for lunch, but I have a 12:00 - 1:00 and then a 2:30 -3:30 on Tuesday and don't know your plans. Many of us will be in Edmonton on Dec. 16, maybe we should meet then."


I used to think about Nilsson's The Point, "a point in every direction is the same as no point at all" (I can't believe there is no wikipedia for this. The best reference I could find is this - you've probably heard, "Me and my arrow") applied to Randy - not to me.

Things at Cybera seem like a lot of directions right now, lots of excited energy and pent-up potential. But, ultimately, my goal is to simplify, focus, find repeatable processes, but not yet ;) -Lynn

No comments: